Kids Making a Difference is wrapping up their 2015/2016 season at HMS. This group of students and parents volunteer their time weekly, after school, to benefit others in the local area. We thank all that participated in whatever way to help our students support the community. This year the children were able to complete the following:
- They raised $500.00 for the Jimmy Fund on behalf of ‘Ady’s Army’. A parent volunteer’s employer matched the money raised, increasing the total donation to $1,000.00. AWESOME!
- Students created approximately fifty Valentine’s Day cards for the Hooksett Food Pantry to add to their weekly boxes for those in need.
- Almost $400.00 was raised to support the NHASPCA. Students did this by holding a Hula-Hoopathon during the PTA’s “Get Fit Night.” They also made homemade dog treats and pet toys that they sold; as well as a raffle basket. There was a matching grant for that fundraiser as well. Pet supplies were also collected and donated to the NHASPCA.
- Students collected and created over forty get well gift bags for patients at the Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Manchester.
- They are also working this month with “Project Play,” collecting used sporting equipment for children in the local area that would otherwise not be able to play a sport because of the lack of proper sporting equipment.