Kids Making a Difference is a philanthropic based after school club that meets once a week. The students create and run monthly collections and/or drives for either money or items needed by local community non-profits. Children also create arts and crafts items to sell at the spring Literacy Expo Nights to create more income for their missions. The students also work together on creating greeting cards for the elderly and thank you cards for our Armed Forces.
This was our first year and we had a membership that ran around 45 students. We met from the beginning of January to the end of April. The students were very busy and were able to the complete the following:
• Over 200 get well cards for CHAD and Tufts Floating Children Hospital
• 75 Valentine cards for Meals on Wheels
• Over 100 placements for a local nursing home
• Collected and donated over 300 items for the Manchester Animal Shelter
• Collected and donated over 700 items for Moore-Mart (a non-profit organization that collects basic needs and ships them to NH service people serving overseas in the middle east)
• Created crafts that were sold, earning $160
• Raised and earned funds of $350 which was used to buy gift cards that have been donated to help kids placed in emergency foster care
• Cleaned the school grounds and outdoor classroom space
KMD was able to make a big difference in their local community this spring due to the huge support of our Hooksett Memorial Community, and we are very thankful of that!